Thursday, December 23, 2010

Baking In France



One important aspect of being an exchange student is learning about another culture. But also throughout an exchange one learns more about their own and has a chance to share with others where they come from. What better way to share my American culture than with some yummy food! Here are some of the the creations I have made while here. It is not as easy as it looks. First finding ingredients is not easy and then having to use your eyes as measuring cups and working with in a whole different world presents its challenges!! So far though almost everything has turned out! Though my first patch of cookies were strange because I needed to make an adjustment with the butter since here it is so much richer, but after every time I have had success which definitely makes my host family and the Frenchies very happy!!! Hope this doesn't make you too hungry!
Fig Cake made with fresh figs from the garden!




 Gotta have some apple pie!!!



American Cookies!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment