Tuesday, August 31, 2010

"Au Revoir" Party

My last weekend in the States was perfect though just a little hectic. Friday was filled with cooking and baking and organizing for my going away party that was on Saturday the 21st of August. The party was filled with not only yummy food and fun, but also all my family and close friends. It was a perfect afternoon and night. We filled everyone's bellies with a somewhat French themed menu. We had way too many desserts, but the French are filled with arrays of desserts so it all worked. I myself made half or more of the food. Some of the favorite items that I made was these rich truffles and heavenly tarts. When I baked these I really understood why people say the French love butter. The tarts were mainly butter, sugar, eggs, and just some almonds(more like over 4 cups). The food was not the best part though, I would have to say the bounce house we rented won that award lol. We decided (my father and I) to rent a bounce house for a little extra fun, and it was totally worth it! It was so much fun jumping around in there, though it was a workout for sure. I felt like a little kid again, and we even got some of the adults to crawl in. It was so nice to see everyone one last time before I departed for France. It was so amazing to realize the people around you who support and love you. I thank everyone who could come, it really meant a lot to me! The party went great, even towards the end with a bonfire and some silly games. My favorite would have to be the experiment of helium and the human voice. I never thought I could sound just like a chipmunk. The day was full of memories that I will always keep close, especially while I am on exchange. It was a long weekend, a full schedule, but although tiring it was perfect in every way possible. I am so lucky to have such amazing family and friends, no matter how crazy they are lol.

1 comment: