Thursday, August 12, 2010

I Got the Golden Ticket!

Yesterday I received official confirmation on my ticket and flight itinerary. I'm actually leaving in less than 2 weeks! I leave August 25th at 11:29am from Green Bay. Then I fly to Chicago where I jump on a plane to Philadelphia, then over the Atlantic to Paris. I will be in Paris, France at about 7:30am (their time) where we will be greeted then I guess I'll be hanging out in the airport for the day until I hop on my next flight to my hosting city of Toulouse at 1:30ish. I will arrive at the Toulouse airport where I will finally meet my host family by about 2:30-3pm! It will be a long travel but so worth it! I don't have any long layovers besides the one in Paris. The best part is that I will fly to Paris with about 40 plus other Rotary Exchange students so I won't be alone and definitely will make a few new friends. Then I will fly with some of the other cool people staying in the same city as me! I can't wait till I depart!! I know their will be tears but I am so excited! I am a little anxious and nervous just for the whole idea of being in a whole new place with an unknown language, but it's an adventure of a lifetime! I will of course miss my friends and family, but I'll be back!!! They will get some peace and quiet for once without me, haha! I won't leave without plenty of goodbyes and memories! The weekend before I leave I am having a going away party, French theme of course, at my house for all my family and friends! It's the perfect way to see everyone and say goodbyes before I leave, plus its always plenty of fun with me around! I am so excited for the party because its always great to be surrounded by people who love you and support you and that absolutely make you laugh till you pee your pants, haha! It will be the best memory I think before I leave!! Plenty of French/American food, music, fun, and maybe a surprise or two...who knows.
I just can't believe I am actually going so soon! The summer is almost over and I don't know where it has gone?? I feel like it just started but the days flew by! I can't imagine how fast my year abroad will go by! I am so lucky to have had an amazing summer before I depart! It's thanks to my friends and family for the memories I've made. Also especially to Rotary for all you have done for me the last year to not only prepare me for what is ahead, but make new friends that I know will last a lifetime! We are a family like no other and I am so lucky to have this opportunity!! Now the hardest part of my summer is ahead...packing! I have things already laid out and sorted, but I have no clue how I will possible fit it into two 50lb suitcases! I'm a girl and I like to look good, lol! It will be a challenge for sure! Wish me good luck! Now I have these last few days to make my mark on little Wausau and Wisconsin, then France here I come!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment