Sunday, May 9, 2010

I'm Going to Toulouse!



OMG! This is like the best Sunday afternoon I have had in forever! I spent the day working, then spending the rest with a house full of family, but that's not why. After I did my usual check on the computer, facebook and email and such. I opened my inbox on my email and BAM! It was there, finally. A response from France, wow! Oh, it just gets better. I got assigned to a city and a club! The news I have been waiting for all year, and it's finally here! I will be hosted by the Toulouse-Est club in Toulouse, France. Meaning in English the East Toulouse Club its seperated because there are 9 clubs in Toulouse. Toulouse is a city of about 1.3 million people. It is the 4th largest city in France. I'm so lucky that I am going to a larger city and getting out of the small town Midwest! This will be the best adventure of my life! Now, I'm so much more excited! When I got the email I screamed and right away called my parents! I'm still almost shaking I'm so happy. Toulouse isn't on the sea, but it is large and has direct trains to all the great places like Paris, Marseille, and so many other amazing cities throughout Europe! I am so lucky right now! I can't believe this is all happening to little me. I never thought that I would be living a year in France, and now I'm just one step closer. It's finally feeling so real to me, yet it still feels like a dream. It will be reality when I get on that plane on August 25th! I'm still counting the days and I only have 108 more days till I leave! It seems like forever though. There will be so much for me to do and see in Toulouse. I am sure that I will never be bored at all. It is full of history, technology, art, and music. It is heaven to me right now. I have been the most fortunate person throughout the outbound year. I got my first choice of France, then I got the South of France, then I got one of the cities I really wanted! I thank God everyday for all He has given me! Right now I just want to climb onto the roof and scream to the world where I'm going! Hmm, well I'm not a big fan of heights so this post will have to be my scream to the world. I will keep you all updated on if I get a host family or more information! I'm getting closer and closer to my actual exchange! For now I will have to cherish my time here in Wisconsin, hopefully without anymore snow. Tomorrow I will share with my Rotary Club of Wausau my wonderful news and keep relaying the message to all my closest friends and of course my amazingly supportive family! Je ne peux pas attendre! (I can't wait!)
-Alexis

No comments:

Post a Comment